The Dried Blood Spot Sampler (DBS) is a young technique for bioanalytics, especially valuable for clinical and pharmaceutical laboratories. The technique offers simple sampling, easy transport and trouble-free storage of blood samples. The revolutionary DBS sampler maintains the integrity of the sample with full automation and offers time and cost savings. The innovative-patented Flow-through desorption technology FTD™ allows direct elution from the DBS cards. It provides consistent quality and allows clean-up and separation of analytes by SPE prior to analysis.
The complete workflow can be automated in minutes, maximum sensitivity is achieved and manual steps are eliminated. Due to a perfect integration into the powerful software platform CHRONOS it is possible to use the DBS online as well as offline. This is a unique feature of the DBS in combination with CHRONOS by Axel Semrau. SparkLink™ is not required. CHRONOS increases the flexibility of the user. Eluates can be transferred to different analysis systems after desorption.
- unique and patented FTD™ technology for sample preparation
- different clamps for 2, 4, 6 or 8 mm spot sizes available
- intelligent camera with image analysis software offers
- accurate spot detection and positioning
- Identification via 1D or 2D barcode
- Storage, monitoring and tracking of samples
- Maps Information memory
- Automatic internal standard addition by loop injection with HPD (high pressure dispenser) and integrated mini pump during desorption of the Blood Spot, best precision and accuracy
- HotCap™ heated capillaries for better desorption, minimizes the hematocrit effect in full-spot analysis of therapeutic drugs
- Standard capacity: 96 DBS cards with 4 spots per card allow 384 sample measurements
- Excellent sensitivity for a wide range of analytes
- Very good precision, linearity and accuracy over a wide range of analytes
- Control via CHRONOS, optimal integration into LC or GC-MS/MS systems or offline use for free further use of the eluates