The CHRONECT Robotic RTC is the most flexible model in the series. A park station holds up to three different tools, which are automatically picked up and returned by the RTC for the respective usage. This is a unique feature that provides the user with exceptional flexibility. Sample preparation steps such as dilution or derivatization can be performed with a different syringe than injection. The change can be made automatically within a method. Complex sample preparations can be fully automated by the automatic syringe change. The RTC can operate up to two park stations with three syringes each.
- Highest degree of automation through Robotic Tool Change for the automatic change of tools
- A modified design of the sample trays enables very large sample capacities to be achieved.
- Fast Injection is a particularly fast type of GC injection and enables particularly low-discrimination injections.
- Smallest sample volumes can be handled better. The needle can be guided to the bottom of the vessel thanks to bottom sensing.
- The Vortex Mixer allows automatic mixing and homogenization of samples.
- A large selection of tools and modules allows optimal individual configurations.
- The master software CHRONOS ensures optimal control and integration into existing chromatography systems and easy handling.
The RTC is an XYZ robot that can be installed on or beside any chromatographic system. Stand-alone installations for offline sample preparation are also possible. The arrangement of accessories under the crossbar is free so that the system can be individually adapted to all requirements of the application. Functions such as liquid injection, headspace, solid phase microextraction (SPME), vortex mixer or wash stations are available.
The CHRONOS automation platform is the basis for the CHRONECT system solutions. They automate entire workflows and can be adjusted to meet the different needs of laboratories. The control via CHRONOS allows the full and individual control of the RTC by easy to create methods. CHRONOS facilitates the creation and management of sample lists, because it has many interfaces and can therefore establish the connection to many chromatography data systems. Only one sample list is necessary. CHRONOS shows its strengths especially when the RTC is used for time-consuming, automated sample preparation steps that take longer than the actual GC/MS run, such as headspace analyses with long equilibration times, SPME applications or online derivatizations. Instead of being integrated into MS data systems itself, CHRONOS integrates the data systems so that autosampler and MS or GC data system can work independently of each other. Sample sequences created in CHRONOS can be easily exported to the chromatography or MS data systems.
The CHRONOS EBIS module also allows the import of results from the chromatography data systems. A results-based control of the analytical systems becomes possible, new workflows can be defined. For example, an automatic washing step can be inserted if blank values are too high.
CHRONECT Robotic is based on the PAL autosamplers by CTC analytics and the CHRONOS software from Axel Semrau.