The CHRONECT Symbiosis Plus version shortens sample preparation time and allows LC peak focusing with mixed-mode SPE cassettes.
This system offers all the advantages of online SPE to increase assay performance while reducing method development time compared to offline SPE. Due to all variable steps that are examined during method development, you get direct feedback and can calculate the recovery rates of sample preparation for each optimization step. Alternatively, you can start with standardized and preset SPE protocols that can be easily modified.
With the Solvent Selector in the SPH1299 pumps and the optional Column Selector in the new Mistral™, multiple batches can be operated under different LC conditions. You can even choose to perform direct injection or extraction without reconfiguring your system hardware. The mixing and dilution routine is handled by the innovative and flexible CHRONECT Robotic Autosampler. Sample preparation steps such as the addition of internal standard can also be performed. The system is equipped with a Dual Clamp ACE module for 250 bar cartridges. This allows you to prepare the cartridge on one side and simultaneously elute to the HPLC column with the second cartridge clamp to analyze your sample. This reduces the sample preparation time to almost zero, as the sample preparation is done within the LC-MS analysis time.
In this configuration, it is also possible to perform LC peak focusing with mixed mode SPE cassettes. Your cartridge is eluted by the HPD; the UHPLC pump adds the HPLC solvent before the column and focuses the eluted sample on the LC column. The Plus system can be used for 2D-SPE. You can perform orthogonal SPE with two different types of SPE cartridges. This increases your sample clean-up and by using 2 SPE cartridges in series you also have a fast SPE method development. This way you can easily determine, for example, whether you have a breakthrough of your sample on the SPE cartridge or not.
CHRONECT Symbiosis is controlled by CHRONOS Symbiosis. CHRONOS controls the entire system in an efficient and intelligent way and increases the sample throughput by overlapping processes. The cartridge is prepared while the analysis is running. CHRONOS organizes the connection to the LC-MS. All CHRONECT Symbiosis systems process multiple batches quickly and reliably with highest analytical performance, completely unattended
- Two systems in one: automated HPLC injections and SPE sample preparation for HPLC-MS analysis
- SPH1299 UHPLC gradient pump with 2x2 solvent selections
- SPH1299 UHPLC pump
- ACE double terminal 250 bar, 4x UHPLC valves
- HPD Mix 1x SSM / Organizer, Mistral Cool
- CHRONECT Robotic LSI-Autosampler with second valve
- CHRONOS symbiosis for control
- Fully automatic and unattended change between HPLC-MS and SPE-HPLC-MS
- Simultaneous SPE sample cleanup and online SPE-LC-MS analysis, so sample preparation time is zero
- Standardized and fast SPE method development
- Easy to optimize SPE method protocols that reduce LC-MS ionization suppression and sample carryover
- LC peak focusing mode using mixed-mode SPE protocols for efficient and cleaner sample preparation
- Injection volume variable, standard: 100 µL
- Automatic UHPLC solvent compressibility compensation and automatic purge and prime functions
- Fast Wash of the syringe, aspire and dispense
- Internal standard addition
- Mistral CS Cool UHPLC for easy column handling
- Sample cooling with Peltier stacks (4 to 40 °C)
- Solvent module with 3 additional solvents for CHRONECT Robotic sampler
- Higher capacity with more racks
- Better mixing with a vortexer or agitator
- Integration into workflows with 2D barcode reader
Many other options are available.